Tuesday 22 December 2009

Evaluation IV

What have you learned about technologies through constructing this product?

Initially, our brief suggested that the use of desktop publishing was necessary. So during the creation of my preliminary task, I became increasingly aware that Microsoft Publisher, which was used - did not have the same capabilities of programmes I have extensive knowledge of, such as Adobe Photoshop.

As I progressed onto my main task, I used Photoshop, so that I could capitalise on the skills I had learned through previous use of the program. It allows me to create effects, manipulate images and generally design in a way light years ahead of any desktop publishing program.
I fitted all of the components I created on Photoshop together using Adobe InDesign, another desktop publishing program used by professionals to create magazines

Throughout the production, I used blogger.com to track my progress. I learned a number of techniques, as initially I had no idea how to use the program. Implementing polls, post formatting and simply inserting images I had no idea to do, until I used blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment