Tuesday 22 December 2009

Evaluation II

What kind of institution would produce your magazine and why?

I would approach http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bauer_Media_Group to be the producers of my magazine, due to its affluent history, including the production of "Q" and "Kerrang!" I believe that my magazine would fill a gap that is exposed in the lack of diversity between the aforementioned magazines. While "Kerrang!" focusses heavily on the metal genre of music, Q although originally an indie publication, now tends to focus on other mainstream artists heavily. As previously stated, my magazine conforms to the conventions similar to that of "NME" - and due to the nature of competition between Bauer and IPC media(the producers of NME) I believe that Bauer would produce my magazine in order to have a competitor with IPC in my specific genre of magazine. Furthermore, I believe that Bauer could capitalize on the success of their radio channels, Q and Kerrang! to advertise my magazine. Additionally, its recent purchase of EMAP, a major competitor, has shown that it has the capital to stay afloat in the current difficult economic climate, and subsequently would be able to fund the advertising and production of my magazine easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment